The AMD FX 9590 is one of the best CPUs in the FX series. In order to unlock its full potential, you require the best motherboard for FX 9590. We’re here to offer the keys!
This CPU has a lot of overclocking potential. This CPU is still up for modern games, and it will perform smoothly in a computer used for video editing or other high demanding tasks. It is able to compete with the latest i7 CPUs from Intel. AMD really hit the market with this one.
Below we have a table with the main features of every motherboard, starting from our top pick as the best motherboard for FX 9590. However, the others from this list should not be ignored, since they are great boards as well.
A Comparison Table of Our 5 Best Motherboards for AMD FX 9590 Processor
|ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0||• AMD AM3+ FX/Phenom II/Athlon II/Sempron 100 Series Processors|
• Supports AM3+ 32 nm CPU
• 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• System Bus: Up to 4.8 GT/s HyperTransport 3.0
• Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue), 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black), 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 2 x PCI
• Internal I/O ports: 3 x USB 2.0 connectors supports additional 6 USB 2.0 ports, 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
|ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0||• Socket AM3+|
• Chipset: North Bridge AMD 760G & South Bridge SB710
• Memory: 4x 240pin DDR3-1333+(O.C.)/1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Max Capacity of 32GB
• Slots: 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot, 1x PCI Slot
• CPU: AM3+ socket Support for AMD AM3+ processor, AMD AM3 Phenom II processor / AMD Athlon II processor
• LAN: 1 x Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
|ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z||• AMD AM3+ FX/Phenom II/Athlon II/Sempron 100 Series Processors|
• 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI Technology
• Supports NVIDIA® 3-Way SLI Technology
• Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
• 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (dual x16 or x16/x8/x8), 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode), 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
• Internal Ports: 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors,1 x USB 3.0 connectors supports additional 2 USB 3.0 port, 2 x CPU Fan connectors, 2 x USB 2.0 connectors supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports
|Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3||• Storage Interface:6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors, Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5,RAID 10 and JBOD, 2 x eSATA 6Gb/s Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1|
• Expansion Slots: 2 x PCI Express x16 slot running at x16 ,1x PCI Express x4 slots, 2 x PCI Express x1 slot, 1x PCI slots
• Memory: 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory.
• CPU: AM3+/AM3/AMD Athlon II Chipsets: AMD 990FX/AMD SB950.
• Audio: Realtek ALC1150 codec
|ASRock’s 990FX Extreme9|| • CPU: Socket AM3+|
• Memory: 4x DDR3-2133(OC)/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Max Capacity of 32GB
• Slots: 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slots (One runs at x8), 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 2x PCI Slots
• SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports
• Ports: 4x USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 via header), 14x USB 2.0 Ports (8 rear, 6 via headers), 1x PS/2 keyboard/Mouse Combo Port, 1x Optical S/PDIF-Out, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Usually, when a motherboard manufacturer makes its product line available to the public to choose as a nest for this coveted processor, things tend to become a bit easier for the consumer. The end of the lineup is’ King of the Hill’ with every bell and whistle soldered to it: the board permeates with sculpted ceramic-covered heat sinks to replace Ellsworth Kelly’s Red, Yellow, Blue in any gallery.
They are paired with a color scheme that is either beautifully matched or so loud and gaudy that an LN2 pot is screaming MAMA!
However, ASUS has managed to muddy the waters a little with the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard offerings in small, medium and large. If this is the medium of ASUS in the lineup, it is at least an additional medium. The Sabertooth belongs to the T.U.F. Series.
It is an acronym for the’ Ultimate Force’ and refers to the use of military grade components, known for their ability to withstand certain shock levels, impacts, moisture, and otherwise abuse. The military standards apply to high-quality components such as chokes, caps, and MOSFETs.
Only the name, “Sabertooth”, suggests that this board is a monster. It is capable of great overclocking and supports a wide range of AMD CPUs, not only the 9590. We labeled it as our top pick for the best motherboard for FX9590. Need a Beast in the East or West?
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Every great CPU needs a home. Sometimes it’s a handheld motherboard from previous computers (assuming the sockets are the same), but soften it’s a brand-new board to house your brand-new CPU. I threw my newly acquired AMD FX-8350 into the ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 in my case.
This mouthful of letters and numbers represents the latest offer from ASUS, sporting the 990FX chipset, AM3+ socket, and sufficient features to satisfy your wallet sufficiently.
The ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 offers similar features to the mainstream chipset boards AMD 990FX: SATA 6 G ports,8-channel audio and sufficient PCI Express ports to shake a stick. In addition, due to the inclusion of an ASMedia SATA controller, there are two additional SATA 6 G ports.
Another ASMedia controller adds an extra two internal USB 3.0 ports to eight internal USB 2.0 ports for ultra-fast connectivity to external devices. With all these features and a reasonable price, ASUS certainly has a hit here! Hold your applause, please!
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z
Asus sent us a home trio for the FX Vishera CPU, which contrasts greatly with the motherboard features. Does it make a noticeable difference in output? The CFV is the Asus AMD lineup’s flagship. It is a board that is heavy on features and power supply to extract the maximum overclock from any CPU, which fits the soldered AM3 + socket.
It is designed especially for the FX octa-core processors with higher power requirements and an elevated price.
The Formula Z is presented in a package very similar to its predecessor, Formula IV. It’s no spare, Velcro flapped, windowed vitrine matches the high-end appearance and feel of Formula V-Z. The Formula Z is part of the renowned gamer smile that evokes ROG or the Republic of Gamers.
This one delivers a line designed for the challenging task of gaming, with all the higher power requirements and conveniences that a gamer seeks when setting up this multi-GPU machine, designed to check the heavily shaded and tessellated titles on the shelves.
Probably the last 990FX chipset to be produced, the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 is a minor update to the previous GA-990FXA generations. This motherboard supports AM3/AM3 + series processors and offers high TDP CPU support with 3 PCIe interfaces to facilitate Crossfire and SLI dual modes.
It has six SATA3 ports and support for RAID 0/1/5/10. A total of two USB 3.0 slots on the back with high-speed USB ports separately colored blue. This motherboard can handle water-cooled AIOs and many fans, although the headers for connecting external fans are limited.
The M.2 socket onboard, which allows you to add a modern M.2 SSD, is another excellent feature of this motherboard. This is a great addition as a single M.2 SSD can yield a great performance difference. As an AMD motherboard, of course, it works great with gaming, even if the technology is outdated. Unless you plan to use a 1070 or a 1080 GTX graphics card, there should be no AM3+ processor or motherboard bottlenecking.
ASRock’s 990FX Extreme9
Its color scheme is a major strength for ASRock ‘s 990FX Extreme9. An attractive gold and black design appeals to enthusiasts who want to demonstrate their system. The heatsinks are also attractive and contribute to the understanding that the ASRock 990FX Extreme9 is a quality product.
One minor disappointment is the presence of only six expansion slots. By adjusting the size of the Northbridge heatsink, ASRock could have shifted the slot configuration to a location, allowing for a 3-way graphics configuration that does not cause case and connector blocking headaches.
Given that 3-way graphics configuration users are currently opting for AMD systems, moving the slots up or providing an additional one would have reduced the problems caused by additional, useful ports blocked by a pair of dual or triple-slot graphics cards.
We hoped that you enjoyed our top fab 5. The ASUS Sabertooth is the best motherboard for FX9590 and it leaves the others in the dust. If you have the money, go get one, you will not regret it!