The motherboard functions as the foundation of a computer. People usually face significant trouble and confusion while selecting a motherboard for their computer. In fact, the computer’s performance greatly depends on its motherboard. How’s that for parenting your computer and vice versa?
The main printed circuit board in a computer is called a motherboard. It is the backbone of the computer’s central communications and denotes the connectivity point through which all the external peripherals and components connect.
The intel core i5 needs a compatible motherboard to obtain the best performance, especially while gaming. Therefore, it is necessary to choose one of the best motherboards for intel core i5 8400 8th gen.
Intel Core i5 8400 8th Generation Processor
The Intel core i5 8400 has launched from the Coffee Lake generation. It is supposed to be the best gaming CPU by Coffee Lake.
Coffee Lake is the codename for Intel’s second 14nm manufacturing process. In other words, it’s the codename for Intel’s 8th generation processors. Its incorporated graphics support DP 1.2, HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 connectivity. These features make it the best gaming Coffee Lake.
Intel core i5 8400 is a locked mid-tier model with six physical cores. The six physical cores give games and apps a high boost. It has a 9mb memory. It has 16 PCle 3.0 communication lanes with high speed peripherals, including a graphic card.
The Intel core i5 8400 is more advanced than its previous generations in terms of optimizations to the manufacturing process and its design. However, the graphical capabilities of Intel core i5 are no better than its previous generations. For a better performance of its graphical content, you need to get a motherboard that particularly supports graphics.
A Comparison Chart of Top Motherboards for Intel Core i5 8400:
|Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi||Reasonable||- 2 x PCIe M.2|
- Reinforced PCIe
|Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 Gaming||Very expensive||- 2 x PCIe M.2|
- Improved Power delivery
- Dedicated water pump headers.
|Gigabyte Z390 UD||Affordable||- 1 x PCIe M.2|
- Software controlled case fans
- Up to 4000MHz memory
|MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC||Expensive||- 2 x PCIe M.2|
- DDR4 boost
- PCI-E Steel Armor
- Audio Boost 4 with amplifier
|Asus ROG Strix Z390-I||Expensive||- 2 x PCIe M.2|
- Double capacity memory
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 front connector
- Asus Aura Sync
|ASRock H370M Pro4||Affordable||- 2 x PCIe x 16 M.2|
- Two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports and two Gen1 USB 3.1 I/O panel ports
- Four USB 3.0 front-panel ports
|Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5||Affordable||- Triple PCIe Gen3 x 4 M.2|
- On board lighting including two D-LED and two RGBW headers
|ASUS ROG STRIX Z370- G Gaming||Affordable||- Dual USB 3.1|
- Gen2 controllers
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 16
|GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 7||Expensive||- Triple M.2 slots|
- Dual USB 3.1 Gen 2 controllers
- Enhanced on-board lighting
|ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO||Very expensive||- Supports next generation|
- USB 3.1 front panel connections
- Eight 4-pin fan headers
Choosing the Best Gaming Mobo for Intel i5-8400
Above are the 10 best gaming motherboards for Intel core i5 8400 processors. Yet there are several factors to consider when choosing a motherboard for your intel i5 8400 processor.
Make sure that your CPU has the correct socket. The Intel 8th Generation requires an LGA 1151v2 socket.
Motherboards come in three sizes; ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX. The smaller the size, the fewer PCIe slots and RAM banks. Don’t you wish jeans had these same categorizes?
Get a motherboard that has USB 3.1 Gen 2. The reason is that it will future proof your PC. You don’t have to pay for a wireless connection if you are using a wired connection already.
Now, we have reduced the above list and thoroughly compared and contrasted the 5 best gaming motherboards for Intel core i5 8400 processors. All you have to do is just choose one of these 5 motherboards and get your system running. Here is our list of top 5 motherboards to pair with Intel Core i5 8400.
Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi Motherboard Review
- The Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi motherboard has a 12+1 phases digital CPU power design, which enables the Intel core i5 to give maximum performance to its users. It has an additional 8+4 solid pin CPU connector that gives it extra power.
- The Z390 Aorus Pro is equipped with an enlarged power plate. Those who want some extra power will have a boost to 5 GHz power delivery with the i9-9900k being supported. It’s like an energy drink for your computer!
- This Pro motherboard has a VRM cooling system to cool down the CPU. The board comes equipped with super advanced features, including a dual M.2 storage with a Thermal Guard. It also has an Intel GbE LAN with cFos speed, to provide the computer with maximum speed and performance.
- The Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi comes accompanied with a few SATA cables and RGB extension cables. These cables make it easier to connect with multiple ports and ease the setup process.
- It ensures durability and maximum performance. The Z390 Aorus Pro has immersive gaming vibes, which makes it the best gaming motherboard for Intel Core i5 8400.
- The Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi is an excellent choice. It is fully featured and reasonably priced. It is packed with features that are game centric, making it an excellent choice for gamers.
Why choose Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi?
The Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi motherboard has an ATX form factor with a LGA-1151 socket, that supports 8th and 9th generation only. It has a 4 x DIMM socket that supports memory up to 64GB. The Z390 Aorus Pro has a multi GPU support of Nvidia 2- and 4-way GPU SLI, AMB 2 and a 4-way Crossfire.
Furthermore, the Z390 Aorus Pro motherboard has reinforced 2 x PCIe slots and RGB lighting, which binds your system for a complete power packed performance.
Pros & Cons
- solid aesthetics.
- great cooling properties.
- reasonably priced.
- It could use more M.2 slots.
Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 Gaming Motherboard Review
- The Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 is inspired by the heritage of gamers. It has the expansions and personalization opportunities that make it distinctive from the others.
- In essence, gamers savor a motherboard that is fast, intuitive, and has vital command. The Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 is equipped with simple and flexible tools which let you enjoy every aspect of your system.
- you to control it manually. It fine tunes your system and speeds up every part of it.
- This absolutely divine motherboard has endless personalization features. You can unleash synchronized effects with Aura Sync, giving gamers and music lovers a distinctive experience.
- The Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 Gaming does not compromise on anything. It is one of the best gaming motherboards for Intel Core i5 8400.
Why choose Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 Gaming?
It has improved power delivery and memory support up to 64GB with 4x DIMM sockets. It has Nvidia 2-way GPU SLI, AMD 2- and 3-way Crossfire that gives Multi GPU support.
The Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Z390 Gaming has a pre-installed I/O shield. It is equipped with dedicated water pump headers. It has 2 x PCIe slots and is packed with overwhelming features.
This motherboard has everything packed in it! Talk about multitasking?
Pros & Cons
- packed with features.
- a pre- installed I/O shield.
- improved power delivery.
- dedicated water pump headers.
- It is very expensive.
Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard Review
- The Gigabyte Z390 UD has everything that will benefit the Coffee Lake processors. If you can’t afford any exotic motherboards, then this is the one for you. It is a value for money motherboard that has all the essential features.
- It has in-built software-controlled case fans and up to 4000 MHz memory. Gamers can ensure the performance of their gaming with this motherboard while also verifying that their PC is cool. The software-controlled case fans allow users to interchange fan headers at different locations on the motherboard. This capability enables the motherboard to be more liquid cooling friendly.
- The Gigabyte Z390 UD has exclusive Realtek 8118 Gaming LAN that enables gamers to experience automatic bandwidth allocation. These features makes the network of the game a top priority.
- The Gigabyte Z390 UD is the best budget motherboard for Intel Core i5 8400.
Why choose Gigabyte Z390 UD?
The Gigabyte Z390 UD supports the 8th and 9th generation of Intel Core with a LGA- 1151 socket. It has an ATX form factor, similar to the above two motherboards. It has a multi GPU support of AMD 4-way Crossfire.
This motherboard features a 1 x PCIe slot with memory support up to 64GB. It doesn’t have the same level of RGB bells and built in Wi-Fi, it but offers all the essential features required to keep your system up and running.
Pros & Cons
- very budget friendly and affordable.
- has Thunderbolt 3.
- 5 software- controlled case fans.
- all the essential features.
- It doesn’t have SLI and extra M.2 slots.
MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC Mobo Review
- MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC is a Micro-ATX motherboard. It is suitable for users that want a less space consuming motherboard, yet don’t want to compromise on features.
- The appearance is stylish and has an edge over others. It has all the features a full size ATX motherboard typically offers. Also, it has sharp and salient lines that reflect a perfect balance between performance and appearance.
Why choose MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC?
This Micro- ATX motherboard features a leading heatsink design that deliver maximum cooling and performance. It has a front USB 3.1 reversible connector, which makes it easy to access.
The PCI-E steel armor protects the VGA cards, and the DDR4 Boost optimizes traces and isolates memory circuitry.
The MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC has an Audio Boost 4 with amplifier that optimizes gaming audio. It makes use of its best components.
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC is the best motherboard if you have less space on your desk. It is an excellent choice for gamers and exemplifies the best motherboards for Intel Core i5 8400.
Pros & Cons
- small and stylish.
- has all the features.
- Audio Boost 4 with amplifier.
- It is expensive.
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming Motherboard Review
- The Asus ROG Strix Z390-I is tiny and bright. It has tons of capacity that doesn’t restrict you from settling for smaller games in size. You can use this motherboard for a bright home theatre PC or a smaller PC that can hide anywhere.
- The Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming is packed with extra power and features. It has all the firmware options to overclock, assign network priorities and tune audio characteristics.
- The Asus ROG Strix Z390-I is among the best gaming motherboards for Intel Core i5 8400.
Why choose Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming?
The Asus ROG Strix Z390-I is a Mini-ITX gaming motherboard with an LGA- 1151 socket. It supports memory up to 64GB. It has 2 x PCIe slots, a double capacity memory and USB 3.1 Gen 2 front connector.
This tiny beauty has an Asus Aura Sync. It has a full RGB lighting control and can be synced with Aura capable ASUS hardware.
Pros & Cons
- has all the RGB.
- tons of capacity
- doesn’t compromise on power and features.
- supports Asus Aura Sync.
- high price
Motherboards are the most vital part of a PC, and so is your decision to choose among the best gaming motherboards for Intel i5 8400 processor. The above five motherboards are the most suitable boards for Intel Core i5 processors.
However, we strongly recommend the Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi because of its feature packed performance and advance cooling properties.
Apart from that, it is reasonably priced and has all the targeted features sufficient for a gaming motherboard.
So, grab the Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi right away, as it is the best gaming motherboards for i5 8400 8th generation processor on the market in 2018. Now find your wallet ASAP!