You and I both know how strenuous clearing those leaves with brooms and rakes can be. You just have to use the best electric leaf blower on the market! With one, you get the same amount of work done within a lesser time.
Yet, choosing the best leaf blower is no small deal. There are various types and brands to choose from, and you really don’t want to make a wrong choice, that could be costly. I’m an electronic expert and I’ll love to put you through in this post.
The first choice you need to make is to choose between a gas-powered leaf blower or an electric power leaf. This review is about the best electric leaf blower on the market, however, I understand some of you are contemplating this decision, here are the trade-offs to help your decision.
Gas vs Electric Leaf Blower
Gas or electricity powered leaf blower?
- A gas blower uses gasoline and oil to power the engine that converts air from the atmosphere to blow the leaf. While an electric leaf blower uses electricity to power the engine that converts atmospheric air to blow the leaves.
- Electric leaf blowers can be corded or cordless. Cordless electric leaf blowers usually use battery cells which have to be charged, while a corded leaf blower is plugged to a power source and offer some sort of restricted movement. Gas powered leaf blowers don’t have cords they are meant to move with anyone who operates it.
- Gas powered leaf blower mostly come as bag back designs because of the weight of the engine, while electric leaf blowers mostly come in handy designs.
- A cordless electric leaf blower is safest to use compared to a corded electric leaf blower which has a danger of electrocution if not properly insulated. There’s no danger of electrocution with a gas-powered leaf blower, however, there could be some engine malfunctions at your back.
- An electric leaf blower does not require any maintenance as such. While a gas-powered leaf blower requires a lot of maintenance to keep the machine always running smoothly. You will have to keep fueling and using engine oil. Maintaining a gas leaf blower can be quite messy too.
- Gas powered leaf blowers are expensive compared to electric leaf blowers. Some gas leaf blowers cost 3 times more than an electric leaf blower.
- Lastly, gas leaf blowers perform better than the electric because the gas engine generates stronger air.
Asides the performance factor that favors the gas leaf blower, the electric leaf blower is definitely a go!
On to the next step…
So, which of the numerous brands of electric leaf blower do you choose?
Top 3 Brands for Electric Leaf Blowers and parts
There are myriads of electronic brands that produce electric leaf blower. From almost four years of using electric leaf blowers and general reviews I have seen from other users, these are the most trusted and highest rated brands of electric leaf blower.
Toro is an internationally known brand that specialize in environmental and outdoor tools. They boast of over 100 years in this field and have produced excellent leaf blowers among several other outdoor tools. Some of the popular leaf blowers include Power Sweep, Super Blower, Ultra Blower etc.
Worx is an international brand and leader in producing power equipment. They offer quality assured products for their customers. Worx electric leaf blowers are known for tremendous power capacity, yet in a portable design. The prices are affordable too. Among their electric leaf products include the Turbine 600 Electric Leaf Blower, Turbine Fusion Leaf Blower, Mulcher & Vacuum etc.
BLACK & DECKER
Black & Decker is a popular international power tool designer. They have several power equipment solutions that have good acceptance in the market. They have varieties of electric leaf blowers that have satisfied many. Some include, Axial Leaf Blower BEBL750, MAX Sweeper LSW40C and many more.
Any of these brands will do well for you to choose from. You can also check other brands like GREENWORKS, and DEWALT
More than just the brands, you also need to know how to choose the best electric leaf blower, these are some factors you should consider.
How to Choose the Best Electric Leaf Blower
You should carefully consider these factors in making your decision.
Place of Application
First thing you should consider is the kind of environment you’ll be using the blower in. That will determine whether you should go for a corded or cordless electric leaf blower. If the yard to clear is big and far from an electric outlet, purchasing a corded electric leaf blower is definitely not a right option. A cordless blower is best for such. For instance, if you are clearing a sidewalk or deck a cordless goes well. For places around your house (like garage floor), it’s not bad getting a corded electric blower.
Blower-only or Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
Also, you need to consider whether to choose from a blower-only or blower/vacuum/mulcher. This is based on the application you may have for your electric blower. If you want to go further to apply your blower as a vacuum for other types of debris that often fall around your space. Some users prefer to turn the leaf into compost for their gardens or other applications they might have. A vacuum/mulcher combination will be perfect for this.
MPH & CFM rating
Furthermore, you should look for the “miles per hour” rating of the electric blower. It gives you an idea of how much power the leaf blower has. The higher the MPH, the more air can blow and the faster leaves are cleared. Alongside with the MPH, you should also look out for the width of the blower nozzle. Some blowers express this as CFM, cubic feet per minute, that is the volume of air that blower can produce. This value is especially important because it determines whether you can blow leaves easily and better. The more the CFM, the more air is produced to clear the leaves off your yard. So, the power rating of a blower depends on the MPH and CFM.
Variable Motor Speed
The speed of some electric blower motors can only be varied in two ways, low and high. While for some electric blower motors, you can vary through different speeds for different applications in different places. You should know which is convenient for you in varying the speed.
Other Factors to Consider
- The weight of the blower. You really don’t want to overwork yourself by carrying a cumbersome electric leaf blower. You need to look out for the best weight of electric blower that suits you.
- Cable insulation. If you are going for a corded electric blower, it is very important you look out for the insulation of the cable. This is important for you to avoid electrocution accidents.
- Lastly, if you are on a budget, you should also consider the price of the blower. Depending on the manufacturer, the warranty of each electric blower varies, you should also consider this.
I have helped to make your search easy and put that wide smile on your face. 🙂
Here’s a detailed review of 3 most popular and most rated cordless electric blower. I took the time to also review the 3 most popular and best rated electric leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher on the market. You can trust my 4 years of experience of using electric leaf blowers and my technology knowledge.
Top 3 Best Rated Cordless Electric Leaf Blower on the Market in 2018
1. Worx WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower Review
The Worx WG546 is a great leaf blower to have, there’s only absolute satisfaction guaranteed because you get a lot of air power from a lightweight, cordless blower. My few moments of using this Worx delivered as expected.
It runs a turbine fan technology. Thus, the capacity to produce 340 CFM of air at 90MPH. This is absolutely enough to get those leaves off your yard.
The Worx turbine WG546 weighs as small as 6.0 lbs. and it is cordless, it is really convenient to use. Asides that, it has a two-speed control to increase the runtime of the blower.
2. Greenworks 40V Speed Blower Review
The GreenWorks Blower runs off a brushless motor, and it also has a neat feature whereby you can select either of two speeds (really, a turbo button).
It also features a thumb dial that can vary the power of the blower from 1 (low power) through 5 (full power).
I like that it is easy to use the blower for extended periods of time as it weighs only about 9 pounds and it can also be utilized as a vacuum with good suction.
It comes with a 4.0 Ah battery and charger (it can be found with a 2Ah battery as well). Charge time is roughly 60 minutes for a 2Ah battery.
3. Dewalt DCBL720P1 Brushless Blower Review
The DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower uses an innovative axial fan design that maximizes on-air output and runtime.
It also features a variable speed trigger and speed lock to give the user maximum control of the blower, with performance up to 400 cubic feet per minute of air volume providing and 90 MPH of airspeed.
This blower is relatively lightweight and ergonomically designed (7.1 lbs.). It also has a commendable low noise performance
The Brushless Motor technology maximizes motor efficiency and durability.
It comes with a 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery, along with a charger. The battery recharges in about an hour and runs down in roughly the same time
Top 3 Best Electric Leaf Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher on the Market in 2018
1. Toro 51619 Ultra Blower Review
The Toro Blower/Vac is a very well made and pleasing product. As a leaf vacuum, it picks up just about everything and is very seldom clogged. It has a handy variable speed feature and makes it easy to change from vac to blow.
The metal impeller is bulletproof, the plastics hold up, and it’s reasonably quiet. The new model has a zipper on the bottom so it is much easier to empty. There’s a shoulder strap for keeping the bag off the ground
Even at half power, the Toro blower/Vac it able to satisfactorily clean up debris. This proves to be a very time-saving feature.
2. Greenworks Digipro G-Max Review
It offers a zero-emissions solution for cleaning and clearing debris; powerful enough to handle wet and dry leaves.
It has a blower with variable speed and the string trimmer is attachment capable, accepting most gas attachments to provide multiple uses. Its powerful brushless motor technology makes for lower operating cost and provides up to 80% longer life, less noise and lower vibration for user comfort.
On the bottom of the blower, there is a gate/cover that protects the user from getting into the spinning impeller of the blower. In order to use the blower as a Vac, this gate is opened and a collection tube is inserted to allow for leaf pickup.
3. Black & Decker LSWV36 Review
The Black & Decker LSWV36 is a light-weight, battery-operated leaf blower that makes clearing debris in your yard easy.
It is well designed for easy pickup of leaves without clogging.
It has an extra battery that recharges in about the same rundown time of the first, making it easy to use for long stretches of time.
The Black & Decker LSWV36 is very lightweight (weighing just 5.4 pounds), quiet and easy to use for long periods as it does not put excess strain on your body. It possesses extra features like padded handles for comfortable handling and an anti vibration function.
It also vacuums and mulches leaves to improve fertility and has a built-in scraper to loosen stubborn, matted debris for easy vacuuming.
Be assured, you can make your choice of any of these best electric leaf blower on the market in 2018 based on whatever factor is important to you.