Laptops have become a necessity these days. With the increased workloads and extensive college assignments, it is important that you have a good performing laptop. But when you have your pockets empty, you can’t opt for those extra featured expensive laptops. What you need is one of the best 15-inch laptops under $1000 on the market in 2018.
Finding Your Best 15-inch PC with $1,000 Dollars Budget
15- inch laptops keep getting slimmer and lighter, but are still known for its heavy work qualities. They are known for its long battery life. Video editors, gamers and people who intend to do creative work related to graphics opt for 15-inch laptops. They are not as flexible as the 13-inch 2-in-1 laptops but are the best for graphical use.
The wide screen lets you have your visual space and the spacious keyboard lets you type for long hours with some extra comfort. The 13-inch laptops don’t provide the same level of comfort and graphics that a 15-inch laptop has.
If you are looking for the best 15-inch laptop under $1000 in 2018, then this is the right article for you. We have researched and gathered all the best laptop models for you. They are packed with features and are budget friendly at the same time.
Below, you will find our in-dept reviews of 5 recommended 15-inch notebooks. These 5 laptops are the perfect balance between portability and performance. They are packed with features and have a sleek and smart appearance.
Acer Swift 3
The Acer Swift 3 is packed with components that boost productivity. It packs up the 8th generation performance into a budget friendly laptop. The Coffee Lake processor fuels up the insides of the laptop and delivers an efficient loading time of games and applications.
- You can run videos, photos and graphic editing softwires easily.
- The Acer Swift 3 promises performance and efficiency. It has a beautiful and sleek design. It has a brushed aluminum cover on the display lid, which makes it durable and gives it a visual appeal. The brushed aluminum doesn’t attract dust or fingerprints.
- The laptop has three USB- A ports that boosts connectivity for users. The ports include USB Type-C, SD slot and an HDMI output. It has the latest dual band 802.11 ac wireless adapter that delivers a fast network transfer speed.
- Apart from connectivity, it has a spacious keyboard, a big touchpad and a finger print reader. The backlit keyboard is ideal for long typing sessions and the large palm rest assists these long typing sessions by giving comfort.
- The backlit keyboard is a vital feature as it comes handy while working in dim light or dark conditions.
- The Acer Swift 3 comes in three colors and has a variety of configurations. It comes in blue, pink and silver.
- Moreover, it uses flash storage, which enables it to be faster than the rest and makes it shock resistant as well.
The Acer Swift 3 is a slim, lightweight and an affordable laptop. It has a variety of features, which makes is one the best 15-inch laptops under $1000 in 2018.
Pros & Cons
- durable and light weight.
- the latest hardware components.
- an accurate IPS display.
- a spacious touchpad.
- a battery life of 10 hours.
- admirable speakers
- various equipment options.
- It uses flash storage.
- It doesn’t have ethernet.
- The finger print scanner is not up to the mark.
- It has slow memory card reader.
- It lacks Thunderbolt 3.
Acer Aspire 5
The Acer Aspire 5 is a 15-inch budget friendly laptop that features a huge variety of ports. It has all the features to become your everyday use laptop. It has an anti-reflection coating that reduces the reflection of your device.
- It has an Ethernet jack, a DVD burner and a HDMI output which makes it ideal for graphical use. Also, you can easily add a hard drive or more memory to it.
- It is a rare combination of Intel Core i5 processor and a Nvidia GeForce MX150 graphics card.
- The Acer Aspire 5 treats users to a bright and sharp HD screen. Watching videos and photos or playing games will be exceptional on this laptop due to its display screen features. It has a display with three sub pixels, resulting in a sharp and crisp picture.
- The backlist keyboard and Windows Precision touchpad gives Acer Aspire E an edge over others. Typing on this laptop would be easier and more efficient. The smooth and responsive touchpad is more than satisfactory.
The Acer Aspire E is an all-in-one solution for tasks like video editing, gaming and entertainment. It has a 3.5mm Audio jack, which you can use with most headphones.
Pros & Cons
- It can be fully upgraded.
- It has legacy ports.
- It has a good battery life.
- It has a full number pad.
- It is worth its price.
- It has a good build.
- It has a fast processor.
- It has expandable storage and memory.
- It is heavy.
- It doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner.
- It has poor viewing angles.
Lenovo Yoga 710
Lenovo Yoga 710 is one of the best convertible laptops. It offers more power and premium hardware in just $1000.
- It has the Intel Core i7 processor that delivers more power for finishing video editing, heavy gaming and any photoshop work. It has 8 GB RAM that is great for switching among multiple browser tabs and apps.
- The GTX 1050 with a 4 GB video memory gives more graphical power. It can be a perfect solution for users who love to play video games.
- The Lenovo Yoga 710 has a 15-inch touchscreen that has a 1920 x 1080 resolution. It can be viewed on many angles. The amazing 360-degree fold and flip allows the laptop to stand, tent, or become a tablet.
- There is a fingerprint scanner for security. A Thunderbolt port is present for connections with external drives. This could be perfect for digital content creators.
Pros & Cons
- It has a beautiful screen.
- It has a Thunderbolt 3 port
- It has a battery life of 13 hours.
- It has a stylish yet durable metal case.
- It has JBL sound and discrete #D graphics.
- It has a comfortable keyboard.
- It has a small right SHIFT key.
- It has no keyboard backlight.
ASUS Vivobook S
The ASUS Vivobook S is for those who do a bit of everything and like to carry their laptops with them everywhere. It has a solid metal design that not only looks good but feels good as well. It is one of the best 15-inch laptops under $1000 in 2018.
- The ASUS Vivobook S has a 14-inch shell that is 18mm thick. The i7 quad-core Intel processor gives exemplary performance to all your work and entertainment needs.
- It has all the features that the other laptops don’t have including the keyboard’s backlight. It has many slots and ports, so you can connect additional drives and equipment, making it easier for you to work.
- With the ASUS Vivobook S, you won’t feel the need to switch to a desktop. It has the Nvidia graphic card that can handle anything and everything.
- It has the built-in Asus SonicMaster system that gives you full- fledged audio and enhances your experience of playing games, watching videos or movies and listening to music.
Pros & Cons
- It has an ergonomic backlit keyboard.
- It has slim and stylish bezel design.
- It has a sturdy build.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
- It doesn’t have a good battery life as compared to others on the list.
Dell Inspiration 15 7000
Dell inspiration 15 7000 is meant for hardcore gamers, who play all the graphics intensive games.
- It has the best hardware with an Intel i5 processor. It has 8GB RAM and the new GeForce 1050 graphics card by Nvidia.
- The Dell Inspiration 15 7000 has an excellent battery life enabling gamers to make full use of it.
- It is the idealistic laptop for gamers or college students who want a more professional outlook yet don’t want to compromise on entertainment as well.
- Its stylish exterior and color options attract users who don’t have more than $1000 in their pockets.
Pros & Cons
- It has a fingerprint reader.
- It has an illuminated keyboard.
- It is very easy to upgrade.
- It has good battery life.
- It has an overwhelming gaming performance.
- It has an IPS display with decent contrast.
- It has a fast speed.
- It doesn’t have USB Type -C port
- It has limited display viewing angles.
- It is not portable.
The above 5 laptops are no doubt the best 15-inch laptops under $1000 in 2018, but the question is which one to buy? All the five vary in different aspects from one another.
The Acer Swift 3 and the Lenovo Yoga 710 stand out among the five because of their fold and flip design. If you are looking for a laptop that transforms into a tablet easily and conveniently, then these are the options for you. They both are sleek and smart and don’t compromise on performance.
However, the Acer Swift doesn’t fold back far enough, which makes the Lenovo Yoga 710, your ultimate choice.
The Acer Aspire 5 and the Dell inspiration 15 7000 have the distinctive frequency scaling capabilities. Their processor conserves power and reduces noise when it is not in heavy use.
The Acer Aspire 5 and Dell Inspiration 15 7000 also transcodes video with high speed. They both have the quick sync video technology.
Both the laptops have MMX which is used to speed up tasks like adjusting volume or contrasting an image.
These features make both these laptops suitable for graphical work.
Both the laptops have AES which speeds up encryption and decryption
The Acer Aspire 5 and Dell inspiration 15 7000, both are suitable for calculations in multimedia, scientific and financial applications.
So, if you are looking for a laptop that enables you do professional tasks as well then choose between the Acer Aspire 5 and Dell Inspiration 15 7000.
We recommend you the Acer Aspire 5, as the best 15-inch laptop under $1000 in 2018. It has all the features and specifications that will keep you up and about.
The Aspire 5 is incorporated with Hyperthreading technology that enables each core of the processor to work on two threads at once. This means you can have significant performance in certain applications.
Moreover, it supports 64-BIT, allowing more than 4 GB of RAM. It allows you to run 64-bit applications. It has a fast Wi-Fi connection as it offers high transfer rates and improved power consumption.
If you are looking for a laptop that provides advantages for gaming and HD video streaming, then Acer Aspire 5 is the right laptop for you.
The Acer Aspire 5 has an edge over the others with a Bluetooth connectivity that enables it to transfer data with smartphones, tablets and other smart devices.
The modern outlook and compact design enhances its appearance. The best part about it is that it doesn’t compromise on its performance and gives the maximum outlay in terms of speed and reliability.
The Acer Aspire 5 is our top pick among the other 5 best 15-inch laptops under $1000 in 2018.